Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gerald Lacey One On One With Ashley Lanier, July 12, 2011

FORMER LADY JACKETS BASKETBALL STANDOUT ASHLEY LANIER. LANIER WILL CONTINUE HER BASKETBALL CAREER AT SAINT PETERSBURG COLLEGE IN 2011.

By GERALD LACEY
Staff Writer
Carver Heights Quarterback Club
July 12, 2011

LEEBURG - Leesburg  head coach Mark Oates knows that defense and rebounding were the keys to his Lady Jackets 3rd State Final Four appearance in five years in 2011. A player that played a integral part in Oates team's success in 2011 was Saint Petersburg College Signee Ashley Lanier. Oates has nothing but admiration for Lanier as her rebounding and defensive presence help earn the school's 5th State Final Four appearance in the school's storied history. During a recent interview with Oates I asked him how did he feel about the Lanier Letter of Intent signing.

"Ashley Lanier's signing was so satisfying to me because that young lady came so far in four years as a person and player." said Oates. "That's what being a Lady Jacket Is All About"

The 5' 11" F/C Lanier was a starter for the Lady Jackets' in 2010-2011. She averaged 6.4 points and 7.6 rebounds per game. She had her most productive games rebounding in the regional playoffs with a 13 and 16 rebound games. She will take her rebounding and defensive skills to St. Petersburg, Florida school. 





Here is my exclusive interview with St. Petersburg College Freshmen Ashley Lanier:

Gerald Lacey:
Good Morning Ashley welcome to Gerald Lacey One On One thank being my guest today.
Ashley Lanier:
"You are welcome Mr. Lacey."

Gerald Lacey: 
How are you doing this morning?

Ashley Lanier:
"I am doing fine this morning Mr. Lacey"

Gerald Lacey:
When will you be leaving for school Ashley?

Ashley Lanier:
"I will be attending Saint Petersburg College this semester and I will be leaving on August 13, 2010."

Gerald Lacey:
What kind of conditioning have you been doing during the off season in preparing for your first year playing college basketball?

Ashley Lanier:
"I have been working out with my high school coach Mark Oates and a couple of my teammates on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

Gerald Lacey:
What position will you play at St. Petersburg College?

Ashley Lanier:
"I will be playing the 5 or 4 at Saint Petersburg College."

Gerald Lacey:
Who inspired you the most while playing at Leeburg High School?

Ashley Lanier:
"My idol is number 44 Tenia Manuel. I look up to Tenia Manual (Troy University) shes from the class of 2008."

Gerald Lacey:
What will you major in at Saint Petersburg College?

Ashley Lanier:
"I will be majoring in criminal justice."

Gerald Lacey:
Are you excited about having the opportunity to play basketball in college?

Ashley Lanier:
"I am very excited to be playing college basketball I can't wait to get my career started at Saint Petersburg College."

Gerald Lacey:
How helpful was Coach Oates and his staff in helping you get a scholarship?

Ashley Lanier:
"They were all very helpful I have never ran into any coaches that care so much about their players."

Gerald Lacey:
How did you feel about playing for Coach Oates?

Ashley Lanier:
"I loved playing for coach Oates he is the best coach anybody could ever ask for. I see him as my father and if I could I would play for him for 4 more years."

Gerald Lacey:
What are your goals for your first year at St. Petersburg College?

Ashley Lanier: 
My first year at St. Pete I want to grow as a person and as a basketball player, Enjoy college life,  keep my school work first, be a starter and help lead my team to a state championship.

Gerald Lacey:
Did his program prepare you for the college level?

Ashley Lanier:
I think everything coach Oates said and taught us got me prepared for what I'm about to experience in college.

Gerald Lacey:
What accomplishments are you most proud of?

Ashley Lanier:
I am most proud of being a person who made it out of high school and had a bunch of people behind me telling me I can do it and believing in me when I didnt believe in myself.

Gerald Lacey:
What role did your parents play in your school selection?

Ashley Lanier:
My parents were my support and I'm not only saying my blood parents but also the parents that helped me through the years like the Bridges and Russells.

Gerald Lacey:
Good Luck at Saint Petersburg College I am Going to and come and see you play before your career ends at St. Petersburg College.

Ashley Lanier:
Okay Mr. Lacey that would be 'kool'
Gerald Lacey: 
Stay bless and good luck in the future and continue to go hard.

Ashley Lanier: Always.
Article written by:
Gerald Lacey
Staff Writer
Carver Heights Quarterback Club



















Gerald is a professional Internet marketer and social media marketing expert. His online business ventures and websites generate multiple streams of income annually. His consulting clients include best selling authors and international speakers.

Gerald is the CEO/President of Lacey LLC and OmariWholesale, Inc. He runs his entire business from his home where he is able to spend quality time with his family and friends. He is passionate about helping individuals to build and monetize their personal brand online.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment